Monday, January 29, 2018

Uber Frugal Month: Day 29

On the home stretch for January!

Today's UFM challenge:
Today’s mantra: The myth of consumerism is that buying lots of stuff means you’re exerting your free will, but in reality, you’re just turning your money over to someone else for purposes that they’ve designated.
Today’s action: Write down five words that define you and what’s most important to you. Are any of those words related to your material possessions?
Five words that define me:
1-Achiever
2-Outdoors
3-Love
4-Scientist
5-Thinker

Mrs. FW is right of course, we aren't defined by our stuff. Stuff is just tools to achieve the things that define, not the definition itself. Of course, my problem isn't stuff, really. No, my problem is spending on experiences that don't really add long lasting value to my life. Meals out and bar nights, that sort of thing. Judging from my list, those things also don't define me and they can't even me construed as tools for leading my best life.

Food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment