Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Uber Frugal Month: Day 16

Back to the daily grind. The roads were icy, so I was more than happy to let the bus drive! Saving money has side benefits. Example: Take the bus to save on gas, car wear and tear, and parking fee. Side benefits are better for the environment, no need to drive on icy roads, and down time before/after class.

Today's UFM challenge is yet another food one. Sigh.
Today’s mantra: There’s no excuse for take-out!
Today’s action: Plot out what you want to buy or make for your emergency frozen meal stash and write it on your grocery list.

I did recently add frozen pizza to our grocery plan, simply because the fam seems to think it's a treat and it gets me out of Friday cooking. I always have frozen veggie burgers in the freezer for emergencies. I'm actually going to go one step further than the challenge.

Another tactic we use to avoid eating out emergencies is to have the ingredients on hand for quickie dinners. Spaghetti with home canned or store bought sauce. Breakfast for dinner. Fried rice. I even have a list on the fridge for power outage meal ideas. (Unfortunately, we have had some very long outages even though we live in a city.)

I'm starting to think I am better at frugal than I thought, since many of these challenges seem like basic knowledge to me. Perhaps I just needed a reminder to flex the frugal muscles again instead of going soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment