Sunday, January 14, 2018

Uber Frugal Month: Day 14

Today we are home! We spent the morning hiking at the Sehome Arboretum and taking a last walk/coffee break along the bay. We then made a slow trip back to SeaTac, going the back way along the Chuckanut highway. An inexpensive way to squeeze the utmost from our short trip!

Today's UFM challenge is a good one, but I'm not sure that it is immediately applicable.

Today’s mantra: I have the power to decrease my dependence on others and do things on my own.
Today’s action: Do something yourself that in the past you’ve paid someone to do

We are relatively from scratch/DIYers around here. For many years by necessity, and now because we have such lofty goals!

The first examples that pop into my head:
  • We cut our own hair.
  • We do our own yard maintenance.
  • We clean our own home.
  • We make our own coffee.
  • We even started making some of our own booze!
  • We cook from scratch.
  • We clean our own home and car.
Now, it about a year we will be selling or renting our home. It is not ready for either market. So, I'm going to take this challenge as inspiration! This week I'm going to walk through the entire house with pen and paper. I will write down everything thing that needs to be done in the next 12 months. Then, we will go through the list and do as many of those things as possible ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment