Sunday, January 14, 2018

Uber Frugal Month: Day 11

I am back from our short trip west and we are more than ever focused on our life goals that will take us out there permanently! We did reasonably well with managing our spending while we were away, thank goodness!


I have to catch up a few days of UFM posts....
Today’s mantra: Just as you wouldn't make fun of a friend who is a vegetarian, your friends shouldn't make fun of you for choosing a frugal lifestyle.
Today’s action: Evaluate how you spend time with your friends and make a list of frugal substitutes for anything that’s pricey.
This was a directive that didn't really resonate too much with me, in part because I've already taken these steps when planning how to control our entertainment spending. Generally, we will be focusing on movie/game nights at home -- both as a family and as a way to entertain friends. I also cannot imagine any of my friends giving me a hard time for being frugal. This probably means I have good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment