Friday, January 26, 2018

Uber Frugal Month: Day 23

Today is our wedding anniversary :) We already celebrated on our mini-trip, ,so it really is just a normal day, though.

Today’s mantra: Once we get past the debilitating position of trying to define ourselves by our things, we can express gratitude for what we have instead of anguish over what we don’t have.
Today’s action: Look around you and list everything you’re thankful for.
The things I am grateful for:
  • A supportive and loving spouse that is also my best friend.
  • Two amazing sons that are growing into amazing men.
  • Having a dependable car.
  • Having a house that is a veritable mansion by global standards.
  • My ability to go back to school and follow my dreams.
  • My little office corner at home -- it's a happy spot.
  • COFFEE!!!
  • Smart phones - what a time to be alive!
  • That mountains and oceans exist, and sometimes they are side by side.
  • Kitties and puppies, oh my!
  • The plethora of tasty vegetables in my fridge right now.
  • Tahini -- it's amazing!
  • Space heaters.
  • Sunshine on winter days.
  • Rain in summer.
  • Snow that melts quickly.
  • Hiking trails.
  • Microscopes and their ability to take us to new worlds.
  • Telescopes for the same reason.
  • Modern medicine and the ability to access it.
  • Public transportation.
  • Libraries.
  • Books and the people who write them.
Really, I could go on forever. So much to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment