Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Uber Frugal Month: Day 21

I need to find my motivation. Sitting around like a potato is going to make me fail my classes and miss this month's earnings goal. Where is my motivation?

The UFM today is important, but I don't think it has a major impact on my spending:
Today’s mantra: In the end, the only person who truly cares how you lived your life is you.
Today’s action: Take note of anything you’re doing to impress other people, but that you don’t derive enjoyment from. Then consider what would happen if you stopped doing those things.
Things that come to mind is we were shopping at the uber fancy grocery for everything. It's fun to go and "be seen" there, possibly in part because it is one of the few liberal enclaves in this cursed, cesspool of hillbillies and racists (this is unfortunately not hyperbole). With UFM, we switched to getting only a couple of items that are priced good there, plus made it a treat place since they have an amazing and cheap deli. There really isn't that much more for me, although I know my wife is more concerned with how other react to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment