Monday, January 1, 2018

Uber Frugal Challenge: Day 1

Today is the beginning day for the Frugalwoods UFM. I was a bit bummed when I first got the email, since all it did was direct me back to the preparation exercises. After some reflection, I decided I needed to take my reasons for doing the month a step further into some hard-hitting goals. These are separate from my January Action Items, but they are complementary.


Today’s mantra: Anything in life that’s worth doing takes effort.
Today's Action: Solidify my UFM goals for January (this is slightly different than the official action item).

  1. Grocery spend under $400.
  2. 23 no-spend days.
  3. Increase savings rate above 10% (stretch 20%).
  4. No clothing or gift purchases.
  5. Entertainment spend under $150.
Why 23 no spend days only? Four of those days we will be in Bellingham, and there will be some spending. Three of those days are grocery shopping days, so there will be a bit of spend on that and a cheap date night. One day is an event with DS2 and I will purchase him a small pizza at said event.

The catch? Except for groceries, the no-spend "off" days spending amount must fall under the $150 max in #5, the entertainment budget. My challenge will be to see how far beneath that $150 we can fall ;)   Same for groceries, I'm going to try to beat the challenge amount.

Let's do this thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment